Poison Pero is RIGHT!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Starbucks Coffee Cup

"Why in moments of crisis do we ask God for strenght and help? As cognitive beings, why would we ask something that may well be a figment of our imaginations for guidance? Why not search inside ourselves for the power to overcome? After all, we are strong enough to cause most of the catastrophes we need to endure."

- Part of Starbucks "The Way I See It" campaign.

**I'm not a religio, don't drink coffee, and personally couldn't care what Starbucks puts on it cups. But I do find it interesting to note there are millions of Christian Americans who continue to pour cash into Starbucks' pockets in order to pour a cup of their coffee down their throat.........These people claim to be Christians, but aren't willing to stick it to Starbucks because they are more loyal to a coffee brand than their beliefs.

Oh, and these same people who have no problem paying $4.00 a day for a 20 ounce cup of coffee blasting their religious beliefs probably spend plenty of time bitching about paying $3.25 for a gallon of gas.........Such is the ignorance, apathy and inconsistency of many modern-day Americans.

By the way, that 20 ounce cup of coffee equates to around $24.00 a gallon......But keep complaining about the cost of gas and allowing others to rip your religious beliefs.**

3 Comments:

  • At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pero, there ARE some of us 'religious' people who will stand up for our beliefs. I already had Starbucks pegged as being opposed to my values. I am not a big one for 'boycotts' as such, but I won't patronize organizations (at least that I know about) that blast or ridicule my beliefs and values. I wish there were more who feel as I do. I know plenty of people who are ignorant of these things. I do my best to educate them, but it is a slow process. Of course, I'm sure this makes me a closed-minded right-wing religious wacko.....

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger Poison Pero said…

    Good on ya, Bucs.....And be proud of that right wing whacko title.

     
  • At 2:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Funny! I'm a conservative and much too tight to buy coffee at "Starbucks" anyway! Now that I've read this quote I'm glad I've been too tight to support them.

    I have a problem with "Crayola" as well. They work hard to be politically correct & Christian resistant. There are less expensive alternatives to Crayola, namely Rose Art crayons. I think Rose Art was probably founded by a Jewish family (not verified) and doesn't seem so politically charged. In fact, they seem politically mute which is probably a good practice for a major company.

    On the "winter holiday" pages they had Christmas at the very bottom, after unknown, obscure made up winter celebrations. After I wrote them, along with others, they finally moved Christmas to the top & did away with the made up one, but wrote to me that they were trying not to "offend" people. I guess it's okay to offend Christians but not anyone else. I wouldn't resist THEM so much if they weren't repeatedly trying to put me on the bottom of the food chain.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

    NOTE: The editorial content of this blog is the property of the Blog Owner......Feel free to quote from the editorial content, but please give proper credit and linking.