Poison Pero is RIGHT!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

NPR (National Politically-Correct Radio)

"His remarks on The O'Reilly Factor this past Monday were inconsistent with our editorial standards and practices, and undermined his credibility as a news analyst with NPR."

- NPR statement regarding the firing of Juan Williams after he said:  "Look, Bill, I'm not a bigot.  You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country.  But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried.  I get nervous."

For those who aren't familiar with Juan Williams, he is a black Liberal.  For those who aren't familiar with NPR, it is a partially government-funded Liberal radio station...Why we have a government funded radio station is beyond me; especially one that is such a hyper-ideological mouthpiece.

Williams isn't the first Liberal commentator to say something which doesn't fit into the unofficial Liberal PC playbook (Bill Maher, all the foolios on MSNBC, etc., etc.), so the question should be asked 'why was he fired for stating his opinion?'  I believe there are two reasons:
1.  He's on FoxNews...The Left hates this network and considers it and everyone on it illegitimate.
2.  He wrote an incredibly powerful book called "Enough:  Phony Leaders, Dead-End Movements, and Culture of Failure That Are Undermining Black America - and What We Can Do About It"...This book is #3 on my list of the 'Five Most Important Books of the 21st Century', and it is a direct challenge to Liberals to act on their so-called concerns for black Americans.

NPR has said it didn't fire Williams for being on Fox, and hasn't commented at all on his book, but I have no doubt these are the two reasons...They were waiting for him to say or do something they could use against him and this is their scapegoat.

Or maybe they actually did fire him for saying what MOST Americans think...NPR is this far out of the mainstream.

Either way, I respect Williams' reply to NPR:  "I said what I meant to say...I was fired for telling the truth."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

    NOTE: The editorial content of this blog is the property of the Blog Owner......Feel free to quote from the editorial content, but please give proper credit and linking.