Poison Pero is RIGHT!

Sunday, November 30, 2008

American Humanist Association

"We don't want atheists to be left alone in their convictions over the holidays."

- Trying to start a 'Godless Holiday,' opposed to Christmas.

**Atheism - a: disbelief in the existence of deity b: the doctrine that there is no deity (Merriam-Webster's Dictionary)

As most of you know, I'm not a religious person in a traditional sense, and I certainly don't pay homage to any specific religious sect........But Christmas seems to bring out much good in people and makes children happy. It's also a time when many people go out of their way to give charity to those in need.

Seems pretty harmless to me, and even if it didn't I would have no trouble ignoring it......I definitely wouldn't dwell on being it. Christmas would cause me no more anguish than the Muslim holiday of Ramadan does.

Speaking of which, I never hear atheists complain about Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, etc., holidays. Why is this? Seems to me they just complain for the sake of doing so, and to make a little noise in order to receive attention ('look at me, look at me!').........In other words, they act like whiney Liberals.**
    NOTE: The editorial content of this blog is the property of the Blog Owner......Feel free to quote from the editorial content, but please give proper credit and linking.