Poison Pero is RIGHT!

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ray Lahood (CEObama's Transportation Secretary)

"I think we can change people's behavior...About everything we do around here is government intrusion in people's lives."

- Commenting on the government's desire to "coerce people out of their cars."

**I'm not sure if Lahood meant to be so direct in his statement, but he's admitting the government is going to force people to buy smaller, 'eco-cars.'

I've thoroughly read the U.S. Constitution, but I've never read the part which describes the government's roll in 'coercing' or 'intruding' into the lives of the American people. In fact, my understanding of the U.S. Constitution is the government is expected to 'coerce' and 'intrude' on the lives of the American people as little as possible...Maybe this is why Obama picked a Constitutional revisionist for the open SCOTUS position instead of an originalist like Pero, though.**

1 Comments:

  • At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Ron Russell said…

    The problem with all politicians is when they are meeting in the state houses or in the halls of Congress, they feel if they pass no laws then they have done nothing. The truth is just the opposite if they fail to pass laws then they have done a great deal.

    I'm not a young man anymore and the clock is slowly winding down for me and I'm sad to say that in my life-time I've seen many, many freedoms taken away in the name of public safety, in the name of public health, and now the worst of all in the name of protective environmentalism. At this point in time this is the demon that can consume us all. Our right to purchase the car of our choice, or right to heat and cool our homes as we see fit, our right to eat fast food if we so choose, or right to go to the doctor of our own choice, finally our right of individualism.

    Found your site quite by accident, but not entirely. I recently installed a preppers widget and the sites on it lead me your way. Visit me sometimes at TOTUS.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

    NOTE: The editorial content of this blog is the property of the Blog Owner......Feel free to quote from the editorial content, but please give proper credit and linking.