Poison Pero is RIGHT!

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Sen. George Voinovich (Rhino - Ohio)

''I'm afraid that when we go to the [Senate] well, too many of my colleagues -- [voice breaking] -- that too many of my colleagues are not going to understand that this appointment is very, very important to our country. At a strategic time, when we need friends all over the world, we need somebody up there that's going to be able to get the job done. ... I know some of my friends say, 'Let it go, George, it's going to work out.' I don't want to take the risk,. I came back here and ran for a second term because I'm worried about my kids and my grandchildren, and I just hope my colleagues will take the time-- [pausing to sniffle and collect himself] -- and before they get to this well, do some serious thinking about whether or not we should send John Bolton to the United Nations. I yield the floor."

- Choking up on the Senate floor at the prospect of John Bolton's confirmation as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations

**I never thought I'd see the day, but Voinovich actually outperformed 'KKK' Byrd and the 'Duke of Chappaquiddick Bay' on this day for the honor of "Putz of the Month".

The fact that all the Liberals are up in arms about Bolton (even the Liberal Republican) tells me John Bolton is absolutely the right man for the job.**

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

    NOTE: The editorial content of this blog is the property of the Blog Owner......Feel free to quote from the editorial content, but please give proper credit and linking.