Poison Pero is RIGHT!

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

U.S. National Guard's 382nd Birthday

Yes, you read that correctly - 382nd birthday...The National Guard was in existence before the American Revolution.

I could have put together a post honoring the Guard, or found a wonderful article on its history, but the video below is much better than anything I could have done or found...That said, I do recommend you go to the National Guard Home Page to get a history lesson.

When you play the video, listen to the words (even if it's not your favorite type of music), watch the images, and read the captions (the ones on the video, not the ads.  X-out of the ads)...The song and video give me the chills, and presents the National Guard in all its past, present, and future glory  

"Right here underneath my wing, you can rest your head."

"Hope and pray that you never need me, but rest assured I will not let you down."


"I walk beside you, but you may not see me, the strongest among you may not wear a crown."

"We'll always be ready, because we will always be there."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

    NOTE: The editorial content of this blog is the property of the Blog Owner......Feel free to quote from the editorial content, but please give proper credit and linking.