Poison Pero is RIGHT!

Friday, July 31, 2015

23 Years

"I could have another, but probably shouldn't."

That's no joke!

August 1, 1992 was a life changing day for me; the likes of which I hadn't had since I was 8-years old - which I didn't have again until my children were born - which I won't have again until the day I die.

I've never understood guys who can't settle into their marriage and allow their wife to be the cornerstone of their life...I know many men see this as weakness, but I know better; I know it is the greatest strength in my life.  It is a source of strength I can draw from any time I need to.  It makes the good things in my life, better, and it makes the bad things in my life, bearable.

Besides that, the constant chase for other women would be exhausting, as well as ultimately unfulfilling and destructive.  And no matter who I found, I can't imagine finding anyone who loves and fights for me as much as Melissa does.  She truly is a fantastic wife.  A lady who is every bit as committed to making her marriage the center of her life as I am.

For this is I am thankful.  It is why I have been and always always will be "true"...By the way, I've actually been "true" for 25 years ;)



“I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I’ve led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.”
– Noah Calhoun (The Notebook, By Nicholas Sparks)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

    NOTE: The editorial content of this blog is the property of the Blog Owner......Feel free to quote from the editorial content, but please give proper credit and linking.