Poison Pero is RIGHT!

Sunday, September 04, 2011

Gary Elthie (Tribal Environmental Professionals)

"With our culture, we feel that trees are people, too...Trees are people, too."

- Trying to save trees from being removed at Northern Arizona University.

I have plenty of Cherokee in my blood, so I don't want to hear any guff for my comments...And yes, I do know "what made the red man red".  Of course it was the little Indian girl kissing the Indian boy. (Big Chief from Peter Pan)

As far as Gary and his barbarian cultured Indian pals go, they need to get over themselves.  Trees aren't people.  The dirt isn't a person.  Wolves and the clouds aren't people.  People are people...Well, most people are people.

So, here's two 'words of advice' I have for Gary:
1.  Quit being used as a chess-piece by the Left.  The red man is simply being used as a pawn of the Reds, as Green-loving clowns.
2.  Either leave the reservation and be part of the 21st Century or stay on the reservation and continue living in the Stone Age...But if you choose to stay on the 'rez' do so on your own dime instead of that of taxpayer.

On a side note, I can't be the only one who finds it a little ironic on this matter the NAU school mascot a Lumberjack...Doh!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Earth Healing Ceremony
    Medicine Grizzly Bear Spokane, Washington, 1990

    O Great Creator, I come before you in a humble manner and offer you this sacred pipe. With tears in my eyes and an ancient song from my heart I pray. To the four powers of Creation, To the Grandfather Sun, To the Grandmother Moon, To the Mother Earth, And to my ancestors. I pray for my relations in Nature, All those who walk, crawl, fly, and swim, Seen and unseen, To the good spirits that exist in every part of Creation. I ask that you bless our elders and children, families, and friends, and the brothers and sisters who are in prison. I pray for the ones who are sick on drugs and alcohol and for those who are now homeless and forlorn. I also pray for peace among the four races of humankind.

    May there be good health and healing for this Earth,
    May there be Beauty above me, May there be Beauty below me,
    May there be Beauty in me, May there be Beauty all around me.
    I ask that this world be filled with Peace, Love, and Beauty.

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "There is no such thing as 'part-Cherokee.' Either you're Cherokee or you're not.

    It isn't the quantity of Cherokee blood in your veins that is important, but the quality of

    it . . . your pride in it. I have seen full-bloods who have virtually no idea of the great

    legacy entrusted to their care. Yet, I have seen people with as little as 1/500th blood

    quantum who inspire the spirits of their ancestors because they make being Cherokee a

    proud part of a their everyday life."

    ~Jim Pell: Principal Chief of the North Alabama Cherokee Tribe ~

     
  • At 1:52 AM, Anonymous www.gerona-3d.com said…

    Very helpful piece of writing, much thanks for this article.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

    NOTE: The editorial content of this blog is the property of the Blog Owner......Feel free to quote from the editorial content, but please give proper credit and linking.