Poison Pero is RIGHT!

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Seattle's King County Department of Health

"No method of contraception or disease prevention is effective when practiced incorrectly or inconsistently. A 1988 National Survey of Family Growth found abstinence to have a contraceptive failure rate of 26 percent when not practiced consistently. So, in abstinence, as in condom use, consistency is key."

**Uhhhhh. Last I checked you either "practiced abstinence" or you didn't.......Practicing "incorrect or inconsistent abstinence" isn't "practicing abstinence" at all.

Practicing abstinenc is 100% effective in the prevention of pregnancy and STD's........Nothing else comes close to such a rate of success.

But I guess we can't expect our government health agencies to be 100% "effective" ---> OR HONEST!!!**

3 Comments:

  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Mark said…

    Oh my God! That has to be the stupidest quote I've seen in quite some time! How does abstinence fail at any rate, much less 26%?

    The only way for it to fail is to stop practicing it.

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am SO glad that my school district uses an abstinence-based curriculum. I teach it that way and tell my 7th graders the truth about condoms NOT being 100% effective against anything, much less AIDS. I hate going to the training, though, where some teachers lament that we just don't teach them how to do it 'safely' because 'they all will do it'. This is the liberal wing of teachers (it is actually about 50:50 lib to cons) Studies are showing (but the media will NOT report it very loudly) that abstinence education IS working and NOT all kids are doing it...thank GOD! (oops can't say THAT is school)

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, that is THE dumbest comment I have ever seen. I am so glad I found this website. stupid, stupid stupid!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

    NOTE: The editorial content of this blog is the property of the Blog Owner......Feel free to quote from the editorial content, but please give proper credit and linking.