Poison Pero is RIGHT!

Friday, February 23, 2007

State Sen. Robert Ford (D - South Carolina)

"It's a slim possibility for (Obama) to get the nomination, but then everybody else is doomed"...."Every Democrat running on that ticket next year would lose because he is Black and he's (on) top of the ticket. We'd lose the House and the Senate and the governors and everything."

**That's one of the most racist things I've ever heard......Is Ford really claiming America will crush the Democrat Party if it puts a Black man up as the presidential nominee? If I were an American-Black (order intentional), I would be extremely pissed by this comment, and as an American-White I refuse to accept the notion that the country isn't ready for a Black nominee.

I'm sure this makes me a radical Right-winger, though.**

2 Comments:

  • At 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Inkjet here,
    I don’t get the second half of the statement……But I think the first half is indicating he would win because he is the most different candidate. P.C. and all that, the farther one is from the WASP center the more desirable they would be to back. Just to show how NEW WORLD they (the persons or group doing the backing) are.

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger Poison Pero said…

    You've completely misread the quote, Annonymous.

    Ford is backing Hillary, because he thinks Obama would get crushed for being Black, and his being on the ticket would get the rest of the Dems beaten.

    This is not just my take on it, but the take of every prognosticator (R and D) I've heard speak about this comment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

    NOTE: The editorial content of this blog is the property of the Blog Owner......Feel free to quote from the editorial content, but please give proper credit and linking.